Departure: July 26, 2022 (departure date can move to within three days in either direction)
Proof of vaccination and booster required. A negative Covid test is required before departure.
Pay in full: $3,195
Due with registration: $470
March 15: $545
April 1: $545
May 1: $545
June 1: $545
July 1: $545
- Arrive in the Dominican Republic.
- Tour Puerto Plata town center
- Check into the hotel.
- Dinner at a Dominican-owned restaurant
- Reflections as a group about our day and what to expect. Reflections will be facilitated by our Dominican Field Director and your team leader.
- Breakfast at the hotel, some days featuring Dominican food.
- Arrival at the public elementary school. Hold a group ice breaker with our group and Dominican students, teach English, play sports, light construction, community tour, and more.
- Lunch at a Dominican-owned restaurant, supporting local small businesses. Some meals include chicken, fish, beef, fresh pineapple and other fruits, rice and beans, and more.
- Work with the kids in school or summer camp with sports, games, and skills development.
- Stop at the local supermarket on some days – or a neighborhood colmado.
- Return to hotel with time to relax at the pool or beach.
- Dinner at a Dominican-owned restaurant. Optional: Take out your phone or GoPro and create a video blog!
- Group reflections to continue building our team and processing the meaning of our trip.
- Excursion to a glorious beach. We may leave early to avoid the larger crowds.
- Time to relax at the beach.
- Dinner out that night to experience some of the local nightlife.
- Wake up early to take in what you can in your surroundings. Be sure to journal or blog about your experience. Some trips go to Cayo Arena, a gorgeous sandbar in the Dominican Republic.
- Departure for the United States.