Bring your team to where Sammy Sosa learned to play baseball as a youth in Consuelo, Dominican Republic. We will visit the youth baseball academy where he trained and Dominican kids still train today. Teams from Montgomery County, PA, Union County, NJ, and anywhere in the United States can play baseball every day with Dominican players during this tour. Visit the baseball league academy in Boca Chica to learn more about the opportunities that exist for talented Dominican youth today.
This travel abroad opportunity can apply to AAU teams, high school teams, college teams, and others. This is a chance to build your schools, build your team cohesiveness, and build your cultural competency.
Baseball Training Camp in Dominican Republic Sample Itinerary:
- Day One: Arrive in Santo Domingo and have a brief excursion (flying from Essex County, Union County, Warren County, or neighboring areas may be able to get direct flights)
- Day Two: Breakfast at the hotel, tour baseball academy, and play baseball. Then go to see the baseball Hall of Fame. This day can usually include playing baseball if desired.
- Day Three-Six: Breakfast at the hotel, visiting local communities to learn about baseball, and play baseball every day with locals.
- Day Seven: Beach island and snorkeling excursion – or white water rafting.
- Day Eight: Breakfast at the hotel, then return home.
If your team wants to include volunteer opportunities at a local school on non-profit organization, we can plan that. We have an active history of running service learning programs in the Dominican Republic:
This trip may be better remembered than tournaments in Bucks County or Burlington County. This will truly be crossing borders with the international love of baseball uniting children and coaches from different countries and cultures. While this Dominican town is far from homes in Montgomery County, PA or Warren County, NJ, it may be difficult to remember those differences while on the field.
Our Baseball Training Camp in Dominican Republic provides unique opportunities for baseball teams from Chester County, PA, Essex County, NJ, and beyond.
Baseball Training Camps in Dominican Republic give you a chance to understand a different side of the Dominican Republic. You will forever see this country differently than those who just visit the thin strip of white sand beaches. And you will forever see baseball differently than the typical American fan. Whether your kids are from Bucks County, Chester County, Burlington County, or elsewhere, their experience will forever be changed – as will their view of our world. It is also likely that many on your team will form an even closer bond. Your relationship to the players and the game may never be the same.
What does the price include?
- Airfare. Individuals are responsible for transportation to and from the airport and money spent inside the airport.
- Lodging. All lodging in the Dominican Republic is included.
- Meals. All meals, except for in airports, are included.
- Transport within the country. Local transportation for the team in the Dominican Republic is included.
- Full-time, local Field Director stays with our group. See below for putting safety first.
- Full-time, local bus driver who stays with our group. See below for putting safety first.
Safety is our number one priority. We have a bilingual Dominican Field Director who stays with us the entire time. We also have a bus driver with us as well. They will eat with us and stay in the same hotel. In the event of an emergency, they know the location of the closest hospitals and medical clinics. We hire a bus company that is well regarded for working with international groups and has a record of zero accidents.
Chaperones travel for free. They will be in charge of recruiting and leading their group. ILI Travel will take care of the travel details.
Contact us from any area in the United States. Right now there are particularly good airfare rates – making the final price more affordable – coming from Bucks County, Chester County, Montgomery County, Burlington County, Essex County, Union County, Warren County, or neighboring locations.
Our baseball trips will be remembered as a once in a lifetime opportunity by many who attend. This opportunity to cross cultures and bond over baseball is something that children and coaches will talk about for many years to come.
Contact us to learn more.